The objectives for which the Association, which is a non-profit making organization, is formed are:
- To promote the image of its members and to further help periodically build the capacity of members in terms of protecting the lives of workers, ensuring safety, quality, security and also new and emerging fields within the industry.
- To liaise with, cooperate and collaborate with government, ministries, departments and other stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the petroleum industry.
- To promote the interests of its members within the petroleum industry and ancillary businesses within the Republic of Ghana.
- To influence national policy-making and legislation to the extent that the same affect the petroleum industry, and more specifically to provide technical advice and input towards the government’s initiatives in the development of the sector.
- To encourage and foster the development of a congenial environment for a healthy and lawful competition among members and other players in the petroleum industry.